The UPC-28C consists of IRC-28C emitter panel, IRP-20 DC power pack and mounting brackets. The IRC-28C is UL listed for compliance with IEC 60065 audio/video and similar electronic apparatus.
The IRC-28C transmits two channels of audio plus closed captioning data over infrared. Channel A is transmitted at 2.3MHz. Channel B is transmitted at 2.8MHz. Both carriers are frequency modulated. Channel A is normally used to carry the hearing impaired audio, while channel B is normally used to carry the visually impaired - narrative audio.
The UPC series assistive listening devices are part of an infrared system, designed to fill a lifetime void with intelligible, clear sound for the thousands of hearing impaired individuals. IR headphone receivers will work in any auditorium, but play audio only from that auditorium. There is no possibility of receiving soundtrack from another auditorium.
- Transmits two channels of high quality audio over infrared
- Low voltage 32V emitter panel requires no high voltage AC wiring
- Standard 2.3MHz and 2.8MHz FM transmission compatible with receivers from several manufacturers
- Two balanced analog inputs accept 100mV to 30V audio for direct connection to the sound processor
- Audio compressors bring up quiet sections of the movie
- Signal presence LEDs aid in setting levels
- Mounts at back of auditorium and reflects IR off screen for simple installation and maximum coverage
- (CC & HI/VI-N) Up to 500 seats or 5500 sq. ft. operates at 2.3 and 2.8MHz, closed caption operates at 1.8MHz