The QSC PLD series amplifier represents a revolutionary advancement in amplifier technology and innovation. Designed specifically for the needs of portable and production sound system users, PLD provides efficient, robust and extraordinarily high fidelity power to drive multiple channels and configurations of loudspeakers while simultaneously deploying sophisticated digital processing all with minimal operator complexity. PLD Series consists of three powerful, lightweight, four-channel amplifiers, each with onboard, advanced DSP and the capability to configure and combine channels in various ways to drive a wide range of loudspeaker systems.
PLD amplifiers feature Flexible Amplifier Summing Technology™ (FAST) that actively distributes the total amplifier power in various combinations across one, two, three/all 4 outputs. This flexibility allows PLD Series amplifiers to drive (for example) four full-range loudspeakers or subwoofers a high-power subwoofer and a bi-amplified speaker a single high-power full-range loudspeaker and subwoofer combo/ multiple power-hungry subwoofers from a single, very high output mono-block.
PLD Series amplifiers use QSC fourth generation class-D power amp design in combination with a custom power stage utilizing a new, purpose-built output device. These innovative MOSFET devices provide high voltage operation without needing a full bridge output and offer superior audio quality due to co-location of the semiconductors. Additionally PLD amps benefit from famed and road-proven PowerLight power supply, further enhanced with Power Factor Correction (PFC) that aligns current waveform with AC mains voltage waveform. PFC enables PLD Series amps to draw current from the wall in more efficient and controlled manner resulting in incredible power from a single standard AC breaker.
- Flexible Amplifier Summing Technology™ (FAST) drives most any loudspeaker system/configuration by distributing total amplifier power across one, two, three/all four channels
- Four channels of full function onboard loudspeaker DSP with crossover and parametric EQ filters, limiting and alignment delay eliminate the need for outboard loudspeaker processors
- Powerful Intrinsic Correction™ processing maximizes sonic performance of QSC loudspeakers
- 20 factory preset configurations that can be modified and stored in the 50 user presets
- PowerLight universal switch mode power supply with PFC for highest efficiency, improved audio performance and low weight
- Four input XLR connectors, and six NL-4 output connectors
- Integrated front panel with channel select and mute buttons, input and output LED metering, 400x240 LCD, intuitive navigation buttons, LED power button and indicator, and cast aluminum handles
- Preset wizard simplifies amplifier configuration providing loudspeaker selection from list of top selling passive speakers